THINGS TO DO
Weekly events will be presented upon check-in.
Dorset is Home to:
- The Dorset Playhouse - Each Summer professional summer stock theater is in full swing!
- The Dorset Library is the cornerstone of the Village (literally: as it is located on the corner of RT 30 and Church Street). Art Shows, author visits (year round).
- Flower Brook Pottery lives next door to the Inn! Janno Gay showcases a fabulous array of not only perfect pottery but baby items, jewelry and perfect gifts!
- The Dorset Union Store is the quintessential country General Store! Food, gifts, and extensive wine room as well as homemade goodies! Bring home a homemade Chicken Pot Pie!
- The Dorset Farmers Market happens every Sunday! An eclectic group of artisans, bakers and crafts people!!!
Winter is Another Story
- SKIING — Bromley Mountain, Stratton Mountain and Killington are just short trips from Dorset!
- CROSS COUNTRY SKIING — Hildene in Manchester Village, offers gorgeous trails for novice to expert!
- ICE SKATING — There is indoor ice skating at Riley Rink in Manchester, VT
- HORSE DRAWN SLEIGH RIDES — Taylor Farms in Londonderry, VT
- SNOWMOBILE TOURS — Equinox Snow Tours offers trail rides for one and all!
Summer DOES Come to the Mountains
- GOLF — Glen Eagles Golf Club in Manchester Village, Lake St. Catherine Golf Club in Poultney, and Stratton Mountain Golf Club in Bondville.
- TENNIS — The outdoor courts at The Recreation Center in Dorset are available free of charge to the Public.
- HIKING — Check the Vermont Hiking Guide for all the local area trails!
- BIKING — The Vermont Biking & Cycling Guide is a wonderful source for local routes! Battenkill Sports offers not only gear for the avid cycler, but provides information on “group rides” in the area!
- FISHING — Manchester Center, VT is home to Orvis and The American Fly Fishing Museum
- SWIMMING — The Dorset Marble Quarry is available just down the road! A localswimming hole!
- Emerald Lake State Park and Lake St. Catherine State Park offer swimming and picnic sites as well.
- HORSEBACK RIDING — Chapman Stables off of Danby Mountain Road offers horseback riding tours throughout the local mountains!
- SHOPPING — Manchester Center, VT is only 6 miles from Dorset and is home to top Designer Stores! JCrew, Ralph Lauren, Coach, just to name a few! The Vermont Country Store in Weston, VT is everything you want and more! A short beautiful drive for shopping and lunch!
Click here to make a reservation.
The daily tariff includes deluxe accommodations with private bathroom and air conditioning along with a full breakfast from a fixed menu that changes each day.
For the comfort of our Guests, this is a non-smoking Inn. The Inn is appropriate for young adults over the age of 16. Pet boarding facilities are available nearby.
Arrival time is 3-8PM, and departure is 11AM. I am very pleased to assist Guests in securing advanced reservations for dinner or any special events. The Inn accepts cash, credit cards or personal checks as payment. A 9% Vermont Tax will be applied to your bill. There are no Service charges or other fees.
Find Us on the Map
Gift Certificates are a wonderful way to share the experience. You may give a Gift Certificate in any amount. The Inn would be more than happy to accommodate your needs!
One night's lodging will be required for 1 and 2 night stays upon booking. A 50% deposit is required for longer stays.
When given at least 2 weeks notice of cancellation, your deposit will be refunded, less a $35.00 per room processing fee.